Friday, November 7, 2008

Ser Capoeira

Ser Capoeira (Mestre Marcos Gytaúna)



Aê, ê, ê, aê, ê, êa
Aê, ê, ê, aê, ê, êa

Como falar do amor (How can I speak of love)
se você não sabe que é amar (if you don’t know what it is to love)
Como falar do saber (How can I speak of knowing)
se você não sabe entender (if you don’t know how to understand)
Como falar da malícia (How can I speak of malícia)
se você não conhece a maldade (if you don’t know wickedness)
Como falar da mentira (How can I speak of lies)
se você não conhece a verdade… (if you don’t know truth…)

É por isso que eu sou (It is for this that I am)
Capoeira… (X8)

Aeee…Aeee…
É na malícia que o negro tem… (It’s in malícia that the slave has)
Aeeaaa…Aeeaaa…
É na luta da liberdade… ( It’s in the fight for freedom)
Aeee…Aeee…
É no chicote, a cicatriz… (In the lash, a scar)
Aeeaaa…Aeeaaa…
É na marca desigualdade… ( It’s in the mark of difference)
Aeeee…. aeeeaaa….

No comments: